Thursday 26 March 2009

Storm


^ Down my road ^
There is going to be a storm on the island today. I took a photo about an hour ago and it still hasn't started. I get really excited about storms, i love the build up and noise, like someones falling down stairs. Just SO much energy, power and how we cant do a thing about it. Beautiful Chaos. I think I'll always be pressed up against a window looking for a lightening bolt or counting how many elephants or hippopotamus's' until the next grumble of the clouds. I love how that when you get older you aren't afraid of storms as much as you were when you were younger. Apparently i used to get really excited about storms when i was little, jump on the bed while my niece would be crying. one time that did scare me was when i was on Holiday in America when i was 15. We were at a ranch and suddenly out of no where there was hail, rain and a horrific force of wind that blew everything off the table we sitting at outside. A perfect storm, everything was there and everything happened yet it was over in a matter of 20 minutes. Brilliant how much panic everyone had to get inside, i think it frightened all of us especially as we were away from home. One of those memories where it is picture perfect in your mind. Funny how something that is meant to be unsettling can relax me...

"Everything is broken,
Even if its new, Right out of the box"

Not sure why that reminded me out this quote from a poem. But i really can relate to it. Not sure why or how but it draws me in a little.


Met up again with kylee for a day out. Mainly shopping for our hearts content and a catch up. The trains were the same as they have always been, slow, depressing and full of characters you wouldn't want to bump into down an alley way. Some girl who was throwing daggers sitting across me had the most idiotic conversation on the phone. One of those phone calls where you can't not hear it. Ridiculous, she was bragging about having a fight with some girl about who was a slut. Along the lines of "she called me a slut and i was like err what I'll show you who's a slut" Making it sound like they wanted the title! i couldn't help but pull faces specially when she finished the phone call with... "Ah Na, we did have a fight... don't worry I'm a good fighter, my grandad was a boxer" Proper scummy.
My ipod died after five minutes as I'm so impatient with chargers, they take their bloody time. Finally got to Canterbury and i had forgotten my debit card. Great. i had 15 pound on me. then to kylees amazing thinking, i opened an online banking account, transferred money etc thanks to kylee! Hurrah! day not spoiled.
The weather was gloomy which was normal surprisingly i forgot. I bought a hoodie straight away to keep warm.
I was SO happy i was with kylee, she is one of the few people who bring out the best in me. we were shouting Bree being stupid and doing crab runs along the pavement with claws. I even done a Roley poley in the rain in public. Just sudden energy when I'm around her, such a lovely atmosphere. Makes me realize how sad it is without her.
The day went well, it consisted of kylee shouting at builders for the noise, then a horrible silence that was only broken with hysterical laughter. We tried on dresses in top shop that wouldn't fit our top halves, a long time spent in Anne summers talking to the women in disgust that people return toys. How horrible!! they have gloves behind the counter. although to be fair if you were going to work there you would have to expect some grim encounters.
Dressed up in gangsta clothing along with rude boy caps and we both actually wanted the hats! we were both expecting to slap each other wearing them like what the hell are you wearing! NO! but we liked it ha ha.
Met more of kylee/Jamie's friends in Starbucks. me and Kylie kept laughing at some girl who kept eying us up. I mean seriously.
Kylee is lovely :)



No comments: